y-BIS is the Young Statistician’s group in the ISBIS, created in 2008. The purpose of y-BIS is to bring together young researchers and professionals working on business, financial and industrial statistics, to help support their career development and enjoyment.
We do this in a variety of ways, including:
- "Ask y-BIS" , which aims to promote the exchange of knowledge in business, financial and industrial statistics among young statisticians;
- facilitating international collaboration between younger and more senior statisticians and users of statistics working in business, finance and industry;
- a "jobs" network and a database of CVs, to assist employers and prospective employees finding each other. You are welcome to post your job ad or search for jobs using our forum;
- regional workshops to exchange ideas and information on particular subjects;
- dedicated sections of the scientific program at ISBIS meetings, organised by y-BIS;
- short courses at ISBIS meetings on topics selected by y-BIS;
- y-BIS social events; and
- y-BIS mentorship program.
A summary of this information can be found in the y-BIS flyer.
Visit the following pages for additional information or contact the current Chair: Kristina Lurz (firstname.lastname@example.org)