2.1. The objectives of the Society are to:
- promote the advancement and exchange of knowledge in business and industrial statistics (to be interpreted broadly);
- build international association and collaboration among statisticians working in business and industry;
- foster cooperation at an international level between statistical activities in universities and individuals working in business and industry;
- increase public awareness of the importance of Statistics in business, and industry; and
- encourage links between statisticians in developing and developed countries.